Monday, September 29, 2008

Looking Back - Bluth days


This post is prompted by Mark Pudleiner's 'Memory lane' post on his website. He put up a pic of the Land Before Time clean-up crew in Dublin at Bluth in 1987. This is the 1988 assistant animation crew on All Dogs Go To Heaven. Some of these people were previously clean up artists and in Mark's photo as well. Enjoy. Doesn't seem like that long ago really.

Left to right are: Me, Patrick Gleeson, Konrad Winterlich, Denis Deegan, Greg Tiernan, Eddie Goral, Michael Kiely, Rob Koo, Ben Burgess & Paul Bolger.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10/06/2008 11:08 AM, Blogger mark pudleiner said...

Great photo K

Everyone has all that hair...ha :-)
And Bolg looks like he's up to no good.

 
At 10/06/2008 2:39 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I remember everyone freezing when I took the pic. I had it setup on a tripod with the timer. Eddie was the only smart one, with the jacket on. This must've been in the 'summer' ha ha.

Yeah, hair. Well except Ben.

 
At 8/07/2011 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this! That's crazy to see Konrad as a young animator. He was one of my mentors at full sail a couple of years back and is a great person and inspirational. He used to bring in all of his Bluth work since he knew I was a fan and it was always a treat to talk to him and hear about his adventures at the studio. He is a great inspiration to me and it was always nice to hear his feedback on my animations. I've been a fan of Don Bluth because of Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc and that's one of the main reasons I wanted to be an animator. I know this blog post was years ago, but thanks again for posting it, it's awesome! :)

 
At 8/07/2011 9:24 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Where is Conrad now? Is he at Full Sail?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home